Me, making it on time to the concert venue was very giri giri. Leaving the venue to catch my last train was also giri giri. Heck, the whole night was giri giri.
KAT-TUN Kamenashi Kazuya: The 一 ~Follow me at Osaka July 17, 2017 @6pm
You know how much a superstar Kame is when as soon as you reach the entrance to the venue, it's like you're stepping on the red carpet… and if that’s not enough, you actually take a long-ass escalator to the concert hall.
How to put it?
The stage was simple but very sensual with the silk curtains and red. The concert started out with piano playing – so classy Kame. But then within that classic feel, there’s also the funk/punk Kame – I remember reading this interview once where the lady was saying, Kame looks the type you would cast in a 1950s boys love movie lol. Well yeah, I got where she was coming from~ especially after 1582! We'll get to that later *breathes*
Okay, let's just say, you don’t need to be a kame fan to appreciate and follow the concept. What you do need is an understanding of who Kame is... his personality and style, that is... that and.... a sense of appreciating perviness hehe – I mean, the man himself put ecchi as a possible option for Hyphens to call him XD
Okay, so back to the concert~ just think of all the ass rolls and hip rolls and crotch grabbing in the space of 2.5hrs.
You may have all seen the songlist by now so I won't add it here but, I am pretty sure, those are songs Kame fans listened to when they were just knowing Kame and what kept them into following him... so nostalgia was glistening everywhere. So, if you’ve been following Kame since the beginning, or at least for a while now then seeing him perform songs you fell in love with will make you want to cry.
Songs that now come to memory:
- Hanasanaide Ai; This was at the start when he had on a long jacket but he was really getting into the hip roll and ass roll and just when I was thinking he needed to get rid of the jacket so I could see his ass, he actually turned around - his ass facing the audience then lifted the jacket and started to grind lol LOVED IT!!!!
- Lost my way: The usual sexy with casket.
- Plastic Tears: Another song why I think Kame needs to do more rock-ish songs!
- Lips: I remember how often I had this song on replay when I was just getting into KAT-TUN!
- Bokura no Machi de: I am not a fan of this song per se, but it’s from Tatta Hitotsu no Koi and that's when I first discovered Kame and his amazing speaking voice and sexy butt so, this song holds good memories for me.
- Seishun Amigo: a bit nostalgic there! Themed song for the second drama I watched on my way to discovering Kame.
- 1582: This song. This performance. I think on your way to the 'Kame discovery', this song is one that will always stay on your radar… even if not the song itself, I think it’s the performance that makes this song minutes of gold. When I just started out knowing this Kamenashi Kazuya, I must have watched this performance a hundred times and when I watch these days, the feeling of awe and excitement is still skies high---- so imagine actually seeing a full performance of this song?! The whole pretty kimono, the mask, the umbrella, the sexy movements AND the FLYING and his Acrobatic ROPE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I honestly, felt a little tear at the corner of my eyes - and while I watched I mentally gave myself a pat for having another chance to see this performance again!
- Someday for somebody: Just when I was about to give up – thinking that he wouldn't sing this song (I couldn’t remember the full song list so I wasn’t sure whether he would've performed this). Man, it’s an awesome song… they showed bits of videos from the time he performed it on Shounen Club. So nostalgic.
- Vanilla Kiss (?): The opening video was so sensual; painting and kissing and seemingly some sex that had people screaming lol Yeah. The crowd died. Wait for the dvd guys!
So yeah, this is what I mean… it’s like you fall in love all over with why you love and treasure Kame… why he’s your ichiban… why you stick around with him… okay? Okay!
He had a live band for the second half – more rock-ish, they rearranged some songs for example; 'Birth' – and I actually preferred this fast paced version of 'Birth' than the original.
Also, a few times he kept reprimanding the front row for not looking excited enough--- as in they were paying attention but not screaming and raving mad like they were enjoying themselves so he asked if it’s because they are in front row… I think they were nervous or just memorised. I don’t think I could handle front row so I understand lol. I remember him saying the same thing on a tv programme that he'd be performing with all his might then he would look down in the crowd to see people looking at him unblinking with hands folded lol. It's ok, Kame. That's just folks trying to say alive but are failing and are dying inside XD
Speaking of front row, I was in row 16… it sounds far but with the way how the hall is shaped, I was rather close. The lady beside me had brought her binocular and when she used it, she was like “woah! Too close” lol so she put it back into her bag.
Oh yeah! this bit was funny... doki doki funny. So for dome tours you would expect artist to come down in the crowd but not halls. So everyone was freaking out when they saw the staff pushing the tiny stage to the centre… then everyone freaked out when Kame left the stage and walked through the crowd to get to the stage (I cringed at how people were freaking out and touching him!)... Anyways, guys, this was like 2 rows from me… but if he had taken 3 steps to the left, he would have been in front me… No. I wasn’t breathing at that point. I just kept waving the big ass LIPS penlight with my mouth open watching and still thinking, “Is this man for real?!!!! Don’t you dare come any closer to me!” Yeah. I know lol.
This is something I came to appreciate after attending some GACKT concerts, small venues are great! I think it was an intimate concert with kame and his fans. Oh, and wow~ the entire hall was full. I mean, I know Kame has lots of fans but I was still surprised as to how many people came out to meet him and show their support. Okay, back to being intimate. It was nice how people would shout things and because the place was compact, Kame would stay all the way on stage and still hear. People shouted “Kakkoii” lots of times. Also, sorry, I can’t remember which song, but he did part of it without a microphone and that was sooooo sweet!
Kinda Sorta Stray observations;
- No. Don’t ask me about MC. But he did say that normally the MC would be left up to Nakamaru so being alone he didn’t know what to talk about.
- Ueda and Nakamaru made the opening announcements. The entire hall was in high spirits at the start, during and after this.
- Ten no Koe did an interview survey to see how well known Kame is in Osaka. Conclusion: he's known face-wise or his association on GoSpo. But to be fair, we only saw 3 people being asked ><"
- He forgot the lyrics to Tsuki No Michi for the encore which was funny because he started out so well and dreamy lying in a half moon swinging from the ceiling then bam! He forgets the lyrics and starts laughing then apologised lol.
- He did a bit of dream boys – just that opening act. Man, I remember how obsessed I was with that body of Kame in that boxing outfit... so to see it live was showers of blessing.
- Kame did some really good acrobatics with the ropes. But I just kept imagining how even better they will be once he gets more accustomed to the tour and doing them over and over. He’ll be so frigging gorgeous and all the more hyped and I really doubt 1582 can get any better than how it's already great BUT, it’s a sight I would love to see.
- He did a sorta pole dance lol Sorry. I can’t remember to what song, but it was with him climbing a pole that looked like a swing and wrapping his body around it --- speaking of wrapping, the way he wrapped his legs around the curtains in 1582 was so sexy… Gosh! I’ll be 80 and still replaying that scene in my head lol
- They also allowed fans to sing along with Kame for ‘Sayonara Arigato’
- I was surprised with how much people were into the dancing for 'Senaka-goshi no Chance'. Like they had the moves down perfect… actually, why was I even surprised?! It’s Japan. They love things like that. I just stood there watching Kame being cute XD
- He sang ‘Kizuna’ after mentioning KAT-TUN. *awwww*
- As I said up top, leaving the venue to catch my last train was very giri giri but I think I still managed to have seen all the songs and the confetti popping and falling from the roof – at that point I just dashed out so I didn’t see his final bow and curtain close but I just need to say that even though, it was Kame’s solo concert, the full tour name is KAT-TUN Kamenashi Kazuya Follow – Me~ and that says a lot… him including KAT-TUN and even using the ‘一‘ to represent Hyphens (in the ending credit roll), guys, Kame loves KAT-TUN, so how can we not love him and them more?!
Once there's KAT-TUN, then anywhere they go, I'll Follow them!
ps. I'm pretty sure there are tons of typos. Sorry. Iet me know where you spot them and I'll fix them later. Thx!